College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact

-4 HS
Wargor's picture
August 2, 2021 at 12:09am
39 Comments

Probably been mentioned somewhere, but has anyone thrown out the idea of partnering with the SEC instead of trying to beat them?

Grab a couple of good schools from the ACC (UNC, Virginia, GaTech maybe) while the SEC grabs Clemson, FSU, and Miami.  This would kill the ACC, and with that there'd be 3 conferences left.  We take Notre Dame. Yes, SEC gets the better teams, but that's already half done, and we aren't adding Clemson or Florida schools, I wouldn't think.

Pac 12 is left on the outside looking in and both mega conferences send 2 teams to the playoff most years.  Maybe even engineer it so that there are two 10 team divisions in each conference that each send their champion to the first playoff game against the other division.  

So first round is B1G west vs. B1G east champ (determined in a division championship game).  Winner plays the winner of the SEC east vs. west game.

I'm not saying I like the idea so much as wondering if it might not be a viable option that makes sure the B1G is one of the winners in a new realignment.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 39 Comments