College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Ollie Gordon (the Other OSU's Star RB) Arrested For DUI

+2 HS
milhouse4588's picture
July 2, 2024 at 5:18pm
44 Comments

In the landscape of running backs, a major event occurred this weekend when arguably the best running back in the country was arrested for DUI, among other things:

https://sports.yahoo.com/oklahoma-state-star-rb-ollie-gordon-ii-arrested-on-dui-charges-025417769.html

Gordon reportedly refused to take a field sobriety test multiple times on site. He blew a 0.11 BAC and a 0.10 BAC at the Cleveland County jail nearly 40 minutes later, both of which are over the legal limit to operate a vehicle in Oklahoma.

I don't remember all of the details of JT Barrett's incident, but this is a pretty major offense considering he also lied and said he never drank anything, then later said he had one drink. I'm not sure what his punishment will be as OSU hasn't commented further, but I assume it will be a decent punishment.

I do not understand how kids in these positions as leaders of both their team and, in this case, one of the best players in the country put themselves in terribly dangerous situations like this. I'll also be the first to admit I've done similar in the past as a college kid and young adult and I understand the severity of it.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 44 Comments