College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Convince Me That *ichigan Isn't Going to Have 4+ Losses

+33 HS
FriscoBuck's picture
July 12, 2024 at 1:18pm
285 Comments

Seems like not a day goes by without an OSU beat writer or fellow fan online telling me TCUN is going to be good this year. And I can't help but note these statements are usually immediately followed by the reasons they actually won't be. 

"Michigan isn't going to fall off a cliff... but their schedule is very hard and everyone is new except the RB and a handful of guys on defense."

Nobody is saying we should overlook them (that's really impossible at this point) but stop giving these fuckos more respect than they deserve. I see 4 losses (Texas, USC, Oregon, OSU), and if the wheels start coming off, maybe 5 or more. Remember, up until very recently *ichigan regularly dropped stupid games that they shouldn't - UW/Illinois could easy steal one.

Reasons they will lose 4+ games:
• Hard schedule - did we all forget that their schedules for the past 3 years have been an absolute joke?
• Talent on the team - Any rat that could jump ship did so. Remember how they were going to "break the draft record". As for the talent that stayed, I know recruiting rankings aren't everything, but their last 4 years of classes rank 14th average (USC's last 4 years average 10th, and Texas' is 7th btw)
• Coach stability - a lot of new staff, including a HC that has 3x as many wins under his belt as games suspended for breaking the rules
• Loss of primary cheating mechanism - Football is harder when you don't know the plays that are coming for 3 years. 

Reasons they won't lose 4+ games:
• They have a decent RB and a very good CB
• Several of their harder games are at home
• They were good last year, so... 

So add to that list for me. Why is *ichigan going to beat Texas and/or USC?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 285 Comments