College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Keeping an Eye Towards the North

+8 HS
Buckeye Beast's picture
August 10, 2024 at 12:56am
33 Comments

Came across an article from Maizenbrew detailing "15 fears" for UM football heading into the 2024 season.
I found 2 interesting tidbits in the article. First up we have this tweet:
https://x.com/nolanbianchi/status/1763560403152290000
(Apologies if I failed to properly inbed here)
I get that sometimes experienced players on defense can really bring a high football IQ to the table, but the optics behind this statement given everything they're accused of are... interesting.
Next, we have some of the writers thoughts on Ohio State this year, who he calls "The best team money can buy":
"But as formidable as the Buckeyes appear on paper, this roster could be more accurately classified as a collection of all-stars rather than a team. Perhaps Day overcorrected by scapegoating his former starting quarterback and unnecessarily retooling an offensive philosophy that has produced a 56-8 record since 2019. However, under Day, the Buckeyes have been capped at 13 wins and he is banking on being able to buy the last remaining few.

Sometimes fortune favors the bold and the big spenders hit a home run; sometimes they get stranded on third base."

These guys are in for a nasty surprise this year, across the board. I'm absolutely here for it.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 33 Comments