College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

TTUN SCANDAL CLXI

+43 HS
undercoverbuck's picture
August 27, 2024 at 5:50pm
317 Comments

Primer on Matt Weiss... because this info is getting shared to all the 24/7 boards and they're trying to catch up. 

Weiss is believed to have been using university computer systems to gather information used to access students' iCloud accounts, ultimately saving sensitive photos and videos of them. When discovered, this brought UM/AAPD and the FBI into the football facility as well as his home.

**Important note: Victims were identified fairly quickly and all confirmed to be of age. There is no evidence that this investigation involves CSAM.**

There is good sourcing from both 22 and myself that the practice video rumblings are legit. I can't confirm the specific "50 hours of OSU video on Weiss' hard drive" claim, but I have sources on both sides of the border that confirm there was unauthorized access to the WHAC remote video server using stolen credentials. That material was viewed by Weiss and others. 

This remains an open federal investigation, thought sourcing suggests it is wrapping up and moving forward. The NCAA has recently received additional information. Should the accusations be substantiated - and I am confident they already have been - the NCAA would act at the conclusion of the federal investigation. 

The gambling aspect is something with smoke but nowhere near enough good info for me to put my full faith in. 

Hat tip to all the other boards for helping share this info. The 11W Investigative Team has you covered
————————-

Remember to check out the Brohio AMA

———————-

This post from the last thread made me laugh. Big shout out to Kmit for posting this:

If the rule is in-person scouting and not in person scouting then I believe it's very clear. The hyphen makes all the difference. In person is used as an adverb (modifying a verb, adjective, or adverb) and in-person as an adjective (modifying a noun). Example: 'You'll need to come in person to collect your hyphen at the in-person workshop on "How to properly use hyphens."' 

If it says in person then there's an argument to be made that Stalions wasn't there, but if the spelling is in-person then any person is prohibited.

For reference, I pulled this from the Merriam-Webster dictionary.

———- 

Imagine your genius defense getting thwarted by the grammar police! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 317 Comments