TTUN Scandal CLXXX

+50 HS
BuckeyeInOrlando's picture
September 6, 2024 at 10:51am
287 Comments

Catch up on CLXXIX

TL/DR?? Here's a quick recap:
Cbuswriter made a really solid suggestion:

I think we should begin a petition to rename that city (town?) Asterisk Arbor. If that's too long, we can just shorten it to Ass Arbor.

JM found a quote from a man known for his honesty:

MotownBuck realized that Michigan isn't even hiding it anymore:

Premierdrum:

The practice video claim is picking up again in an organized way... increasingly difficult to dismiss it as happenstance.
There are 38 hours until kickoff. I wonder what else shakes out?

The sudden and seemingly persistent Whac-A-Mole Weiss/Practice Video story isn't sitting right with me. The allegation has been out there forever, the FBI's investigation remains open, and everyone on both the OSU and UM side of things are staying absolutely tight-lipped. Stover's comments brought it back to the forefront today, but this is the 3rd or 4th time it's popped up in the last couple of weeks. 
Late tonight I pinged a friend who has a long track record of successfully managing crisis communications. Speaking broadly, they shared that the first step in any crisis communications plan is to identify all vulnerabilities and strategize ways to get ahead of them. Your primary goal centers on owning issues, redeeming yourself of the institution, and moving forward. 
I have to wonder - and I'll be completely clear that this is absolute speculation - if someone who knows enough to be a little dangerous is trying to push them to just rip the bandaid off. UM brass appears to be preparing for a lashing anyways, so why not just get it all out of the way? The investigation remaining open wouldn't necessarily stop them from sharing factual information: "Practice video from a rival program was found on a University computer. Going forward, we commit to cooperation and transparency as we work to rebuild trust in our institution" or something like that. Clean house... send Warde, Moore, and anyone else with ties to the scheme packing, and start your rebuild now. 
It sounds crazy - and would require a level of humility unknown to true Michigan Men (TM) - but what good is it to start your clock on a rebuild while you know a bigger bat is waiting around the corner?
Something hasn't smelled right about this for a while, and I think we're going to crack it.

The Dispatch has a standalone article on Stover's comments this morning. 
Legacy media reporting on this specific claim represents a meteoric shift... a shift in favor of the truth. 
We're close to a boil.
https://www.dispatch.com/story/...

MusicMan and BuckeyeChief learned that Connor Stalions is now a head coach:

According to CBS, Stallions is now the acting head coach at Mumford HS
At the bottom of the article, Stallions still believes that he can be a College FB coach....the delusion is real.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/...

Buckeyeguy0615 showed us that Chimdi Brohio Chekwa has heard enough from guys like Joel Klatt:

Looking for Brohio's latest comments? CLICK HERE.
Need to email Brohio? Email brohiomail@proton.me

Looking for Premierdrum's latest comments? CLICK HERE. (serious inquiries only)
Need to email Premierdrum? Email PREMiERdrums@proton.me

Looking for 22Buck's latest comments? CLICK HERE.
Need to email 22Buck? Too bad.

KBonay didn't want to be left out, PLEASE email KBonay at fuckmichigan@proton.me

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 287 Comments