College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

TTUN SCANDAL CXCII

+49 HS
JT Buckeye's picture
September 15, 2024 at 11:59pm
312 Comments

Premierdrum update from last thread:

Yes, the "third firm" investigation did have help - both in access and materials - directly from a member of UM's football staff. It's nice to see that information finally see daylight up there. 

No, it was not UM that initiated that firm's investigation. I worked several months this spring under the belief that it was, but that's been disproven. It was this 3rd investigation that went to the NCAA in October of last season. 

A note I can't remember if I've shared here or not, but that investigation appears to have been very, very quick. It began in earnest around week 1 or 2 of the season, and had all the evidence we've reported here (and more) packaged up and handed over to the NCAA by mid-October. 

It's been shared with me - and am working to substantiate further - that the cooperating member of UM's staff flipped after it became clear that Stalions' system was still in use at the start of the season, despite being under internal investigation by UM for several months at that point. I haven't yet plotted out how this cooperator was initially connected to the investigation. That's a nugget I want to work further on

Also, PD provided a timeline of events, as put together here

Weiss gets caught being weird. Put on leave. University-owned devices taken by UM IT. Harbaugh pissed. 

Weiss devices had deep and unauthorized encryption. UM IT couldn't access their data. Cybersecurity group brought in to crack them. 

Two buckets of materials found: Pervy stuff (stolen nudes from hacked iCloud accounts of UM students) and Football stuff (master spreadsheet, sideline videos). 

UM brought in two legal firms at this point - one for each "bucket" of offensive materials - to determine next steps, obligations, et al. 

On a parallel but otherwise totally separate timeline, the third firm began investigating Stalions' scheme in late August or early September 2023. They had help from the inside, a UM football staffer was providing access to the shared drive and other materials. This firm went to the NCAA with their findings - a shockingly comprehensive investigation over the course of about 6-7 weeks - in October. 

At this point, UM assumed their own internal materials had leaked to the NCAA. They believed these materials were incomplete and left open the opportunity for loopholes as to the legality of the actions. 

I sincerely believe - and have stated here often - that UM didn't understand the depth and breadth of information and evidence against them that the NCAA had - until they gained access to those supporting documents with the formal deliver of the NOA. 

Typing it out sounds crazy. But every comment, every action, and evert bit that's trickled out since they received the NOA supports what we've reported here.

and

The first written outline I made of this whole mess was done assuming that the university... either the BOR or similar... commissioned the outside investigation to cover the broader issues within the athletics office (hockey, basketball, the Weiss issue in football, etc), and they came up with this. 

My folks have just squarely said that's not how it happened. The third firm's investigation was completely unknown to anyone at UM, except for one.

Link to previous thread

Scandal Thread Anthology by CALPOPPY

22bucks comment history: https://www.elevenwarriors.com/users/22buck

Premierdrum comment history: https://www.elevenwarriors.com/users/premierdrum

Brohio comment history: https://www.elevenwarriors.com/users/brohio

Email info:
22buck@proton.me
PREMiERdrums@proton.me
Brohiomail@proton.me
Kbonay - fuckmichigan@proton.me

Let us begin with the wishing of TCUN self-fornication

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 312 Comments