College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Portnoy Said He Willing to Pay 1m-3m for a QB

-4 HS
J.B.'s picture
September 26, 2024 at 11:11am
98 Comments

El Presidente talked and put out a tweet about how Michigan should be going after a top 10 QB every year and said he’d put up 1m-3m personally to make that happen… 

though I honestly don’t disagree and Michigan (and every school) should be utilizing NIL to fill roster spots… Couldn’t this be considered “Tampering”?

Iowa just got popped for this and Ferentz had to sit out a game. Im almost positive in that situation they knew he was leaving, I think we all expected him to leave, and a call was simply made before he officially hit the portal. I don’t think it was intent to CONVINCE him to leave UM to come to Iowa… 

Portnoy basically took it upon himself to be a Collective for NIL. Wouldn’t this be similar to The Foundation saying “We have 5 mill to spend on a QB”… would would encourage a kid to jump into the portal that may otherwise not to try and claim that money. Making that figure public like that seems way more like tampering than an early phone call… 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 98 Comments