Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State hockey, baseball, wrestling, track, and other athletics fan talk.

Ohio Stadium Renovations

+2 HS
earthpig's picture
October 6, 2024 at 4:48pm
19 Comments

I'll start by saying I've never had a bad experience at the Shoe. Overall, I have had fun every time, and that's why I go. I attend roughly one game per year dating back to 2012. I have had seats on B deck, D deck, and C deck. So obviously not the prime seats in the house. My favorite place to sit is C deck on the visitor's side. 

I think it's time to look at some renovations. My list isn't extensive, but some things I think would make the experience better:

1. Larger and upgraded video monitors on B deck. (probably would be nice on D deck under the press box too). I was at the game yesterday in section 14 on B deck and the nearest monitor was not operating, and the ones in our line of sight were small. 

2. Better marking of seat sections. We were sent to the wrong section by the redcoat. Fortunately, we realized it and moved. The thing is there were many fans in the same boat who were trying to relocate to their seats well after kick-off. (old man shaking fist! LOL)

3. Seat spacing-man it's tight, and I'm not a big guy.

4. Scoreboard- it's time for an upgrade, and it's time for an upgrade to the small boards in the overhangs. 

5. Turf-I know it was just replaced but we need to recognize there are problems with the playing surface. Which does impact the play of the game. 

What do you all like to see?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 19 Comments