Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Cade Stover and His Blocking Issues

+7 HS
Drackett Tower's Finest's picture
October 24, 2023 at 12:50pm
44 Comments

I have been watching Ohio State football for a long time now, and I'm not sure I have ever seen the combination of elite offensive weapon who is simultaneously the worst pass blocker I have ever seen. That's essentially Cade Stover.

Last year I tried giving him a pass, considering how much he has bounced around from position to position. But this year? If you watch that goal-line run against Penn State, Stover just stands there and watches the PSU defender run right by him to blow up the play. 

There are only two possibilities: A) He doesn't understand who he is supposed to be blocking. B) He is just not willing to be physical and doesn't want to hit people.

Both of these seem absurd. Stover is a physical player and tough, so I can't believe he is shying away from contact. But after this much time, how can you not block the guy in front of you and let him fly by you on a designed run play? 

Anybody have any thoughts here? I got nothing.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 44 Comments