College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Kyle McCord Explains Why He Transferred From Ohio State To Syracuse | The QB Room

+9 HS
JM's picture
January 3, 2024 at 4:53pm
114 Comments

McCord appeared on The QB Room podcast today. I'm only a few minutes in but he addressed the elephant in the room right up front.

On why he left Ohio State:

The top level of college football is a business. At the end of the day, Ohio State had to make a business decision they felt like was best for them. And, I had to do the same thing. Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be for next year. At the end of the day, I felt like I put together some solid games and had some good tape. So I was confident I would find a good home.

Sounds like the report from The Dispatch and Rob Oller was very solid. McCord wanted what he wanted and Day/staff weren't open to it.

The other factor in McCord’s decision was name, image and likeness compensation. Top quarterbacks in the transfer portal have gotten offers well over $1 million, a source said.

Here's the full interview:

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 114 Comments