Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Top 5 Players From Today's Win

+14 HS
nafimafi's picture
August 31, 2024 at 10:47pm
38 Comments

I am so glad season is back.

so, I did this after every win the last 2 seasons, where I recapped who I personally thought were the best OSU performers. just initial reactions right after the game finished, not looking at highlights or any sort of replay. whomever jumped off the screen for me.

I always had fun with these, and I dont know if anyone else really reads these, but Im just excited to talk about this team. 

Last year's final edition of this series: https://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-football/2023/11/143172/top-5-players-from-yesterdays-win

August 31st (Akron)

1. Lathan Ransom: Might be a slightly hot take, but I felt like Ransom was everywhere on the defense today. Fundamentally sound when triggering against the run, strong tackles, and was able to make a massive fumble return for a TD. A great day for him. A great day by the defense as a whole.

2. Jeremiah Smith: Catalyst for the passing offense, he was awesome and was as advertised. Ignoring the drop, this dude has great hands and body control. I am excited to see his game develop throughout the year. 2 TDs right off the bat and almost 100 yards is a great way to start a career.

3. Jaylahn Tuimoloau: The most consistent guy on the d-line today in my opinion, seemed like he was creating consistent pressure and was collapsing the pocket. Was able to secure a couple of sacks, set the edge against the run, and disrupt a couple passes. Feels like the first time he was jumping off the screen since early last year.

4. Will Howard: I dont want to hear any sort of comparisons to last year's QB play. Stats do not tell the entire story, as Will was extremely accurate even on his incompletions. He was able to evade pressure, made great decisions, and showed  anticipation on his throws. I was impressed. 

5. Arvell Reese: Okay hear me out... a lot of players could have made this spot, but Arvell seemed like the best LB on the field today. He was running sideline to sideline and was around the ball every single time he was on the field. He looks good. Am I overreacting? perhaps. but good players flash early and he made the most out of his snaps. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 38 Comments