Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Game Two 9.7.24 Score Prediction Thread ................... Western Michigan vs Ohio State

+10 HS
Seattle Linga's picture
September 1, 2024 at 10:35am
134 Comments

Some of you have seen and asked about my latest addition to my tagline so I figured now is the best time and place to drop the story on why Rick Manning called me a DICK. Rick was the Indians Center Fielder from 1975 - 1983. His claim to fame is catching the final out in Len Barker's perfect game. After he retired from baseball he moved back to Cleveland and has been one of Cleveland's TV broadcasters along with his partner Matt Underwood. They are a great duo and I really like how they call the games. 
When I lived in Cleveland, I worked for many of the production crews, mostly from the away teams for the NBA, MLB and NFL (Preseason) and colleges alike. I was the Fox-Box Coordinator and I absolutely loved my job. I knew most of the media and the side hands that worked the games with me. Every Indians home game, someone would start a betting pool and you picked a number from 0 - 9 and threw $10.00 in the pot. The winner of the pot would be the one who guessed the number correctly after adding up all of the runs, hits, errors and men left on base, once the final out was recorded. For example - if the final number was 27 then the person who chose the 7 would win the money. 
Low and behold, Linga won the pool one game, and I went upstairs to the media center to collect my hard-earned cash and there from across the hallway was Rick Manning coming out of the TV booth. As I was approaching Jeff, the holder of the money, Manning turns towards Jeff from down the hallway and says, Yo Jeff, who won tonight's pool?"
Jeff replies, "Linga Did" - without skipping a beat and making sure people on the East side of Cleveland could hear him, he yells "LINGA, YOUR A DICK." mostly because he didn't win the pool that night!! I don't know how I responded I just thought it was a cool moment and Rick has always been super cool with me. 

Anyway, getting back to the reason why we are here ...............

Last week we had three predictions that surrounded the final score on both sides. Shout out to 

Allinosu - 51 - 6              Rascall - 52 - 7                JBOSUFan1 - 52 - 7 

Western Michigan starts the season in their first game with a loss at Wisconsin 28 - 14. Starting the season playing two B1G schools is a daunting task and it will be a good test to measure what changes we have made since our opener. 

WMU is better all-around then Akron however if we can start fast - we could be seeing a ton of backups playing by the fourth quarter. 

My prediction:

Ohio State - 42

WMU - 7

Throw down your best guess

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 134 Comments