College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Are Penn State Fans Delusional?

+29 HS
ThePreachingBuckeye's picture
September 25, 2024 at 3:48pm
110 Comments

I have a friend that I work with who is a HUGE Penn State Fan. He can’t drive and he said if I drove he would buy us tickets to the game in Happy Valley this year. However, ever since I said yes to going he has been an insufferable trash talker. I for one don’t enjoy trash talking because it has backfired on me in the past so I’ve tried to keep the comments cordial.  He keeps going on about how Ohio State is an over rated program, Ryan Day is a joke etc. One would think being a fan on Penn State you would be a little bit more humble since your last win against OSU was in 2016. I keep reminding him of this fact and I let him know it is possible we lose at happy valley this year but they are still way behind the success of Michigan and Ohio State and shouldn’t be as arrogant as he comes across. Is this the typical Penn-State Fan? I’m now almost considering NOT going to the game because he won’t shut up and was constantly texting me during the Marshall game saying how bad we looked as if they didn’t look bad against bowling green the week before. In your experience is this the normal penn state fan? Let me know your thoughts. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 110 Comments