Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs Iowa

+6 HS
Large Father's picture
October 3, 2024 at 9:02pm
3 Comments

Tressels, Fickells, Urbans, Days, Johnsons and Days,

"We all have a common mission. We all just want to win. There's a lot of unselfishness on our team. We all just want to win badly and we trust our coaches." - Gee Scott

"We're with each other from 8 in the morning until 8 at night every day. So we've built a really good bond and we're there for each other no matter what." - Devin Brown

"Coach Kelly's a wizard when it comes to stuff like that, because I like to think I've played with a few offensive coordinators, and I'd like to think I know a little about football. And some of the stuff he comes in with. I'm like, holy crap, I never thought of that. I've never seen that" - Seth McLaughlin

"I think it's a coach's job to make things that aren't simple simple. We can't have them thinking too much. Let them play, let them use their athletic ability.  The effort's been good so far, we're practicing that way and it's showing up during the game." - Ryan Day

"I've never seen a more selfless group of receivers and a more selfless talented group of receivers." - Will Howard

"That's awesome. When you get wide receivers pulling around in the box like that and just laying out a guy that's known to be a tough guy, it's electric to see." - Seth McLaughlin, on Emeka Egbuka's blocking

"It's really easy to see the potential in Jeremiah. He's got a guy like Emeka Egbuka -- one of the reasons he decided to come back was to help Jeremiah Smith because he saw the talent. To me, that's what's really cool about this team right now." - Ryan Day

"There are so many details to these things that any time a play goes wrong - and our players know this - I tell them, 'All your bad plays are on me, all your good plays are on you.'" - Jim Knowles

"I feel like it's just the team that we played against gave me the opportunity to make plays and the Lord put me in positions to make plays to glorify him" - Caleb Downs

"He's one of my favorite all-time players. Absolutely one of my favorite (players). As a freshman, the maturity he showed, the preparation, the way he performed. I loved the guy. He's a great person." - Nick Saban on Caleb Downs

"This game has always been about the players and always will be about the players." - Chip Kelly

"We've just been trying to take it day-by-day, to try and get better each and every day. And today, we're going to focus on today, to strive to be the best team in America and the hardest playing team in America." - TreVeyon Henderson

"This is the most fun I've had since I've been in college playing football. I love BIA. I love the defense. I love the whole organization in general, so I'm having fun with it right now." - Lorenzo Styles Jr. 

"I love the guys in the room. I can look at these guys when we go out to practice every day and I'm doing it for the love of the guys in the room. Trey Henderson always says you have to do it for the love of your brother. It might be cliche from a guy just getting here, but I actually have a deep feeling of love for the guys in this room and for this program." - Seth McLaughlin

"I love this team. I love the way they play. Every day when I wake up, I put two feet on the ground and do all I can to help this team reach their dreams and goals. These kids are unbelievable. They're giving all they possibly have." - Ryan Day

Yes, college football is big business today and can sometimes make the sport feel more narrow and cold.  But, there's just something different about this Ohio State team.

Touchdowns:  TreVeyon, Quinshon, Quinshon, Emeka, Jeremiah Smith

OSU 38 Iowa 7

Go Bucks!  Beat Iowa!  Harry Miller and Tyleik Williams for Heisman!

Stout Pops

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 3 Comments