Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Top 5 Players From Today's Win

+4 HS
nafimafi's picture
October 5, 2024 at 6:52pm
21 Comments

so, I did this after every win the last 2 seasons, where I recapped who I personally thought were the best OSU performers. just initial reactions right after the game finished, not looking at highlights or any sort of replay. whomever jumped off the screen for me.

last week's edition: https://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-football/2024/09/149409/...

October 5th (Iowa)

1. Jack Sawyer: Dude was causing a scene from the first drive, consistently creating pressure and collapsing the pocket. Made a couple big time hits on the qb, and was able to get home 2 times today for a sack, including a big turnover. 

2. Emeka Egbuka: What a great day from Mek, was the best WR in the first half and had an extremely productive second half. 3 major TDs. Isnt as flashy as JJ, but has been a great producer in the intermediate area and was rock solid throughout the day, both in his route running and blocking.

3. Sonny Styles: Sonny was getting blasted this entire week for his performance so far this year, but I thought he played excellent today, specifically towards the end of the first half. Flying to the ball, both against pass and against Kaleb Johnson. Was overall pretty consistent in strong tackling. Looked very athletic and quick to react today.

4. Jeremiah Smith: What more can be said. Had a bad fumble earlier in the day, but was lights out for the rest of the game. Stretched the field, made timely YAC scenarios, and a highlight level 1 handed catch TD. Dude is ridiculous.

5. Seth McLaughlin: Not a necessarily massive day on the ground, but it seemed like the line as a whole was consistent in moving the chains, and Seth was doing an excellent job anchoring throughout the game. Sharp snaps, good blocking. Im satisfied. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments