Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Our Best Players Made Bad Plays Against UO

+1 HS
BuckeyeRocket's picture
October 14, 2024 at 5:54pm
19 Comments

I hate to say it but some of our best players made plays that cost us a win in Eugene.

1. Judkins has been a great addition inside the tackles. But he fumbled on a routine play and that led to a short field TD for the Ducks.

2.  Caleb Downs has been a stud at Safety.  But he lined up on the front line for a (predictable?) onside kick wearing #48 and failed to get his hands on the ball.  Or better yet, get out of the way.

3. Igbinosin’s face mask penalty led to that onside kick.  He played pretty well otherwise .

4. JTT doesn’t carry out his assignment— to spy on the QB— and Gabriel scores a TD untouched. Not sure why he went after the RB.

5. J. Smith had a fabulous game and will continue to play at All American level.  But he too made a costly mistake by getting his hands on the DB on the last drive.

6. Will Howard played great; he led 5 long scoring drives.  All of them 75 yards. IIRC. But he needed to get down a second quicker on that last run.

I am as pissed off as anyone on 11W (family out in Oregon to boot) but these are just a few of the on-field reasons we lost the game by a point. It sounds like coach-speak when we hear about “execution” post game, but unfortunately it is true.

i won’t even bring up Mr. Burke or the coaching issues in this post as I wanted to avoid dead horse stew recipes: You know— Take one dead horse, beat well.

Let’s just hope we are not going over the same stuff on the last Saturday in November.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 19 Comments