Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Cleveland Cavaliers Off-season Part 2

+6 HS
DefenceWinsChampionships's picture
June 27, 2024 at 2:37pm
33 Comments

The first offseason thread was getting a little long in the tooth, so here is part two!

The draft is now over and the Cavs have selected a wing from Cal who is… solid? No glaring weaknesses while not really having a single exceptional NBA level trait. He is a high floor player with a relatively high ceiling, and could become a real steal if one or two of his “good” traits can become “great” ones. 

Other teams have started making moves, but most everything I think the Cavs should do this offseason is still on the table. They have their new coach, who will hopefully inject some offense into their defense-centric players, and Mitchell is expected to ink an extension at any time.

While it’s looks like the team is prepared to stand pat, I’d be shocked if they actually did. San Antonio drafted a shooting guard, so their Darius Garland pursuit could ramp back up, and the curious case of Brandon Ingram still looms out there, even though I’d be more interested in Trey Murphy and/or Herbert Jones. I’m also curious if there aren’t some auxiliary moves the Cavs could make with some ancillary pieces that might make sense. Players such as Deandre Hunter and Miles Bridges (character issues notwithstanding) would be perfect fits for the Cavs without necessarily costing them any of their “core four”.

No matter what happens, there’s still a lot of off-season left to occur, so we can continue the discussion here!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 33 Comments