Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Other Shoe

+39 HS
southernstatesbuckeye's picture
June 8, 2024 at 7:23pm
122 Comments

…is about to drop.

“Scuttlebutt” seems to indicate even pejorative opinions believe the NCAA may want to act quickly on the Cheaters.  As quickly as this summer, before the season starts?  You mean within the next two months?  Why, yes…but why?  That goes against the historical “slow as molasses” NCAA.

First of all, the NCAA sees its demise on the horizon, and the new super conferences are accelerating away from a “governing body” nobody likes.  They know it.  So, in a sense, the NCAA is also awaiting “the other shoe”.

This realization brings the age-old tendency to “go out in a blaze of glory”, because the NCAA knows it is going out.  To give to Michigan (the brand) a flurry of near fatal knife thrusts (penalties and sanctions), while in their own death throes…is just tooo delicious for my delicate palate.  Harbaugh humiliated and mocked the NCAA with his actions for several years, and you don’t think they want a piece of him?…especially if it is wholly justified!  Oh yeah, they’re looking for a Shak-sized shoe! 

But it does wax poetic in both the irony and justice of a significant sanction on the Cheaters.   It’s affecting one of the most critical parts of a football program today…

Recruiting.

The proof is in the EATING of the pudding…and nobody is touching that odorous porridge of poop up north.  Six…as in total…commitments now stand in the 2025 class for the Cheaters (three 4-stars and three 3-stars are committed)…and their TOP commit is about to flip to Auburn!

Why?  Because the perception of recruits on the up north program is a clear understanding of the coming shoe to drop on the program, and NOBODY of any real hope to get to the NFL is going to want to land there.  Can you name ONE high profile recruit thinking of committing?  Yeah, I can’t either.  This trend will continue for several YEARS and decimate a once-proud program.

Why?  Serious recruits know they must be developed for the NFL…and today’s coaching crew up north is not just the opposite of awe-inspiring…it is filled with absolutely unknowns.  Some may develop into decent coaches, who knows…but that’s the point.  Nobody knows.  And top recruits are smart enough (they have agents) to know any NIL deals will be shaky at best and paltry at worst.  Plus, how will they be developed? They will go weekly against other three stars, while Ohio State will be sharpening iron on iron.  Besides, they might get more money to go to Kentucky!

Warde Emanuel put out a statement that seemed to have a tone of resignation about it…here’s the last paragraph:

“It’s not something that we want to deal with. I’m disappointed that we even have to deal with it. But we do and we’ll face it head-on and work our way through it.”

That’s resignation.  The big boys know it’s coming.  Harbaugh knew it was coming…that’s why he gang-raped the coaching staff and walked away from the leftovers. The board, the president, the donors, and their media (yes, their media)…know it is coming.  They see that big shoe shadow in the sky.  But in the case of the media, they have learned from the larger national media how to sing Koom-Bye-Yaw on a sinking ship.  So the michigan media will play “Nearer My God to Thee” as the Titanic maize and blue program lists to port  before slipping beneath the waves of relevance in the sport of college football.

Only the fans of that school have succeeded in walling themselves off from any hurtful facts or opinions.  There is a real phenomenon known as “mass hypnosis” that very skilled artisans can achieve…but they don’t fool everybody.  The fact that it seems the entire Michigan fan base is deluded into thinking it’s all a nothing burger…is just that more delicious.  When the “big reveal” happens, the Schadenfreude will be a gourmet 200 item buffet to feast upon. MGoBlow will blow up.  I’ll visit some there for dessert.

And may I also suggest that additional sports for that school are also going to suffer.  Do you think the “despicable-ness” of their football deeds will be contained within football?  Nope.  The stink will extend.  Whether the national media pays it no mind or not…it boils down to the perceptions of young recruits.  Already obvious.  And do you think well-respected coaches will jump to coach there?  And then watch the donors start to close up their wallets out of disgust or shame.  Oh it be comin.  The Shoe be comin!

The Michigan program is about to slide ignominiously back to the dark ages…or maybe even to the death penalty ice age.  Three years of strutting and puffing was the reward for their malfeasance.  A tainted and skeptical national championship will forever be a stark reminder to any others willing to sell their souls for wins.  Harbaugh believed the only way to resurrect his career after having his panties stripped by Urban Meyer, and then Day winning in 2019 and getting ready to strip him of all manhood in 2020…was to cheat.  Ironically, the result for Harbaugh wasn’t a career elevation…although it appears that way for now…it was instead a total destruction of the man in the areas of honor and character.  Fine, the NFL will have you, but they’d have the worst of the worst if he could win.  When the Show Cause is leveled, the NFL will have to respond in some way because it’s happened before…but today’s NFL will likely just throw up a little in their mouth and swallow hard on the grisly chunks that remain…and move on.  I couldn’t care any less.  I follow my Buckeyes in the NFL, and can safely hate the league itself.

So…Buckeye fans…brace for the glory of…the Shoe.  It’s dropping soon, and it will drop again in November in the actual Shoe, when Ohio State does unthinkable things to the Cheaters.

A final thought about Day…yeah, he almost figured out how to counter the cheating this past year…so close.  But most of us may never realize how large an advantage Harbaugh had, and will insist that “our guys shoulda just kicked their ass anyway”.  I get it.  Beat the bully up in his own yard on his own terms.  Day tried.  He failed.  Then Day changed.  He went about assembling the juggernaut we have before us.  Yes, as some suggest…if he gets beaten again by them…a firing may be imminent.  But rest assured, you will not see that day.  Ohio State will re-establish dominance in the “rivalry” (such as it is), and send the Michigan fans into their basements, where they will huddle-out the nuclear winter, sucking on their urine-stained blankets and binkys.

But full disclosure down the road somewhere will reveal the truly evil intent of the worst scandal in sports history…forget about the Astros or any other contender for that crown.  The Michigan Man has forever been stained…tainted among the masses…and will be forced to wear those thoroughly soiled panties…yellow in front, blue in back…for the remainder of their miserable existence.

It couldn’t happen to a more deserving cluster of fu*ks.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 122 Comments