College sports fan talk.

TTUN Scandal CXXXIII

+47 HS
BuckeyeInOrlando's picture
August 1, 2024 at 10:47am
317 Comments

NOA seems imminent.

Some recent insight about Connor Stalions from Brohio:

Connor was not at CMU to scout MSU. He already had MSU’s signs. He was being paid by CMU under the table to decipher MSU’s signs in-game. He procured his CMU gear before the game and showed up in costume, including a wig. I will not confirm or deny that I have proof of  this ;). This is why CMU will not confirm it was him. Additionally I was told but can not prove that he was in communication with CMU coaches in-game. I have rewatched this game and can’t detect him being in communication with coaches but I’ve been told that he was. 
CMU is not the only team Stalions freelanced for btw….

It wasn't just a Connor problem though:

1. The firm was hired at the beginning of the 2023 season. (I don’t know exactly who they were hired by. Im not convinced their involvement was a byproduct of the Weiss investigation but there are some that believe that.) 
2. The firm became aware of the process in which opponents sidelines were filmed and they set up people physically in the stadiums to monitor the people filming the games. They observed and recorded Connor’s Navy buddy, UM football interns and UM athletic interns filming games. They also have evidence it was done under the direction of Connor Stalions. There is also a belief that one member of Connor’s family assisted in the recording, but I haven’t seen concrete proof of that. The Navy buddy and the interns are for certain. 
3. The firm developed an inside source at Michigan that showed them how the footage had been accessed by multiple coaches within the program including Connor on a shared drive. 
4. The firm showed the NCAA an established timeline of Connor’s acquaintances or UM interns recording sideline videos and those recordings being accessed by members of Michigans defensive staff in the days following each recording. I am unclear if the firm was able to show Michigan offensive staff accessing the footage but they definitely showed that defensive coaches and Stalions were accessing the recordings. 

This is in line with some recent insight from our other trusted friend, 22buck:

Yes, OSU practice footage (50+ hours) was found on Weiss's computer.  But the digital evidence showed that it came from a UM-managed cloud server which other Michigan coaches also had access to.
There are questions about how Michigan came into possession of the footage.  They could claim that someone from OSU voluntarily gave them access rather than admit they hacked into it.  I don't know how hard the NCAA is pursuing this (they are borderline incompetent) but it's clear Michigan had the footage.  OSU strongly suspected this was the case as Michigan reacted perfectly to formations OSU had not shown all year.

While these two disagree on how the NCAA will deliver punishments, any punishment talk at this point from anyone, "insider" or not, is purely speculative. This case is unlike anything we've ever seen.

Two things we know for certain:

Michigan cheated
and
You can't spell ILLEGITIMATE CHAMPION without MICHIGAN

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 317 Comments