College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

TTUN Scandal CLXXVI

+52 HS
JT Buckeye's picture
September 4, 2024 at 12:51pm
307 Comments

From prior thread:

- The "framework" of acceptable punishments as brought to the table by the NCAA is absolutely still in play. While the COI will ultimately be responsible for setting the full slate of punishments, this framework was already floated and vetted. I don't see a scenario where they avoid vacated wins(either 2021 thru 2023 *or* specifically the games those 3 seasons that were scouted, this difference could hinge on negotiated settlement or setting up for appeal), multi-year postseason ban (2 years if self-imposed or otherwise negotiated, at least 3 if set thru COI), loss of recognition of the 2021-2023 B1G titles and National Championship, scholarship reductions, fines, extended probation, suspensions, and show cause penalties. I am increasingly of the opinion that we could see the first lifetime ban from CFB. IF the NCAA was going after anything of minimum disruption, a la fines, a brief Moore suspension, and even a 1 year postseason ban, they would have accepted and moved on. 

- Moore almost certainly doesn't survive this mess in the end, and quite possibly not this season. I'm iffy on Warde, though a resignation makes more sense than anything else. He did get bigfooted by a few above him, so they'd likely prefer he go quietly. Their screwy BOR setup leaves me clueless on Ono... though he should step down in shame. 

- I think some sort of self-imposed action is very, very possible. The dynamic as described to me between administration, coaches, and boosters is untenable. Once the players start asking questions...

also:  

We had here first:

- That the draft NOA was shared and negotiations were underway (confirmed a week later by Pete Thamel)

- That the formal NOA was being delivered (We had it Friday, major media confirmed late Sunday)

- That Moore was being offered up in negotiations to settle (we had in late July, pseudo-confirmation last week with USAToday's contract reporting)

- That Harbaugh would *not* be allowed to attend their 8/30 Championship celebration (we reported the day the event was announced by UM, Moore himself announced that Harbaugh wouldn't be there a few days later).

Information we have reported with confidence, and has yet to be refuted while we await the final NOA to leak:

- The genesis of the investigation being internal, and UM not knowing until October that a more thorough external investigation had been underway for quite some time (partially confirmed already in WaPo reporting)

- Weiss' computer access allegations and associated information (confirmed to still be an open FBI investigation)

- The "Framework" of minimum acceptable punishments from NCAA enforcement. I'll happily review this with anyone once the matter is settled. 

Also, our reporting here is the only major "leaks" of note, and Warde specifically referenced leaking information last week and how damaging they were to UM. He did *not* refute any of our reporting.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 307 Comments