Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Top-40 2025 Guard Kiyan Anthony, the Son of 10-time NBA All-Star Carmelo Anthony, to Visit Ohio State

Josh Poloha's picture
June 3, 2024 at 8:24pm
14 Comments

On the same day Jake Diebler hired Talor Battle as his fifth (and final) assistant to fill out his coaching staff heading into his first season as Ohio State's head coach, the Buckeyes also received some good news on the recruiting trail as well. Four-star shooting guard Kiyan Anthony, the son of 10-time NBA All-Star Carmelo Anthony, is set to visit OSU, according to On3's Joe Tipton.

Along with eyeing a trip to Columbus, Auburn, and Indiana, Anthony already visited Syracuse and Florida State last October.

The No. 39 overall prospect (No. 4 shooting guard) in the 2025 class, Anthony has performed quite well on the EYBL circuit so far this year. In 15 EYBL games this offseason, the 6-foot-5, 185-pounder has averaged 19.9 points, 4.3 rebounds and 1.6 assists per game while shooting 40.2% from the floor and 27.7% from beyond the arc in 25.9 minutes per contest.

A year ago, Anthony was the 87th-ranked prospect in the 2025 class, but his stock has continued to improve after helping lead Long Island Lutheran (Brookville, New York) to finish as the No. 2-ranked team in the country at season's end. The guard averaged 8.2 points, 2.3 assists and 1.5 rebounds per game, Anthony jumped nearly 50 spots in the 247Sports composite rankings.

A three-level scorer who can defend on one end of the floor and create shots for himself on the offensive end, Anthony believes his versatility is a key part of the his game that allows him to stick out from the rest of his peers.

"All these top-ranked people, they get by having a lot of athleticism but they can't defend or they can't shoot or nothing like that," Anthony told MaxPreps' Jordan Divens in February. "So I feel like I am really a three-level scorer, even though I don't jump out of the gym like most people do who are highly ranked, but I can really get to my spots."

The son of an NBA legend, Anthony feels the pressure of following in his dad's footsteps but also realizes that he must create his own path and focus on his own game each step of the way.

"Definitely a lot of pressure, you know there is automatically going to be a lot more eyes on you just because your name and who you are so if you live up to it then you do, but if you don't people are going to criticize you in whatever you do," Anthony said. "If you score 20 they want you to score 30, if you score two points they want you to score 10 so you just have to stop listening to them at that point and focus on your game."

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments