Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Buckeye Hoops Uniform Thread for Joe

+3 HS
OhioAgainstTheWorld34's picture
June 6, 2024 at 10:44am
22 Comments

Hey ladies and gents... I think this is worthy of its own thread... And by making it its own thread... It may make it easier for Joe and the design team to revisit as they embark on the process.  If you want to copy and paste your responses over here for him to see, that would be great.. I've done so with my original comments below.

JOE!!! Welcome my man... We've interacted on Twitter... Or should I say X a few times.  And I love your stuff.. You mocked up some basketball uniforms with idea of the baseball script Ohio State.. I thought it looked fairly slick, though not sure I'd want that to be a standard look.  That being said... I too concur the stripe size of the current ones down the side looks slightly large.  I'm an avid basketball shorts guy so I've collected almost all of them dating back to the early 2000s when our guy Terrance Dials was suiting up... There were some shorts released that to my knowledge were never worn... When the Jimmy J throwback grays were announced the original Nike release had them paired with scarlet shorts... I don't think we ever actually wore those as all I can recall is the all gray look.  That being said, I think a scarlet version of the Jimmy J's would look sharp.  If trying to reference what size striping would look the best two renditions come to mind... The size of the stripe of the standard two uniforms that came before these come to mind... I know the uniform looked almost identical from the late Jared Sullinger years to the Jae'Sean Tate years version but thought that was a sharp way to incorporate it.

Caveat... Gray versions of the standard have always appealed to me.  I know we have the throwback grays and I don't want to lose those... But the women did a gray rendition of the standard look and I thought they were incredibly sharp.  I think any way to incorporate the scarlet on gray look is something that always resonates.  Lean into those two colors and I don't think you'll go wrong.

Again, appreciate all the work you do.. And have had so much enjoyment following your work, especially with the hoops team over the years.  That trip to Las Vegas to play UK was one of my favorite Buckeye road trips ever and the game recap was 10 out of 10 you guys put together.

Included an image of maybe one of my favorite ever standard version (throwbacks excluded) looks we've ever had.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments