Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Wait-And-See Apathy?

+6 HS
nomatta's picture
September 20, 2024 at 12:13pm
13 Comments

I don't know if anyone else is feeling this way, but I am strangely having a very difficult time getting excited about the upcoming basketball season? This is my favorite sport and favorite team in that sport, so I'm not sure what my deal is.

It doesn't really make a lick of sense because I didn't have nearly as much trouble looking forward to (or at least theorizing about) Holtmann's last few seasons here. Even with the negative trends that were on display.

I like Jake Diebler, and I like what he did at the end of last season with a team that was in the dumpster. I mostly like what he did with the roster this off-season (though I still have my concerns, particularly when it comes to the shooting). We certainly will be watching a pretty different team on the floor than we have the past couple years, at least.

So I am not sure what it is. Maybe I am just getting older and don't have the same energy I used to for obsessing over this kind of stuff. I had a rough summer on a personal level and maybe that is factoring in. Or maybe my heart is just protecting itself in case the Diebler Era doesn't work out. Part of me thinks that last bit might have some truth to it.

Anyone else feeling similarly?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 13 Comments