Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Harder Loss to Handle 2019 Clemson or 2021 TTUN?

+9 HS
Nappy's picture
December 2, 2021 at 10:42am
174 Comments

Losing sucks. Browns fans can tell you all about it. There are many ways to lose a game but some losses hurt more than others. Sometimes you lose games you deserve to win, sometimes you get your ass completely kicked in. 

2019 Clemson

The Buckeyes were clearly the best team in 2019, no disrespect to LSU, but 2019 was the most complete Buckeye team I've seen in my life. Ohio State certainly played well enough to win this game. If not for a few questionable calls I feel Ohio State would've won. I was salty after this game. And it stayed with me for weeks. Like a bull seeing red I'd get pissed if I saw anything orange.  And it wasn't until we hung 49 on Dabo that I began to feel better about 2019. 

2021 That Team

Anyone who watched this game knows the team that played the best won. There's no sugar coating this loss, we got our asses kicked. Credit to those guys, I'm a big enough person to admit it. Afterwards I was in disbelief at how poorly we played but I can't say I was angry. They played better and won, we played like shit and lost. It sucks and I hope we get payback in the Shoe next year, but I feel like I've accepted this loss better than I did 2019 Clemson.

Am I alone in this feeling? Of course losing the biggest rivalry game in all of sports is tough. No one is disputing that, but would you rather lose a game you felt like you should've won or rather lose a game you never really stood a chance?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 174 Comments