Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Your First Car

+22 HS
scarletclaretta's picture
October 1, 2024 at 4:47pm
148 Comments

My first car was a 1960-something Brown Ford Galaxy 500 with 4 doors and a V8 engine. It easily fit 12 people and it flew when you barely pressed the gas pedal. I mowed lawns during the summer for money. My dad gave me a used riding lawn mower for Christmas the year before I turned 16. When I turned 16 (in 1979) he told me I could keep the mower or exchange it for the Galaxy 500 since they had just purchased a new car. Not a difficult decision. I don't think I have any pictures of it, but the internet does. My 2nd car was a 1960-something blue Ford Pinto with 2 doors and a 4-speed. I wan't to learn how to drive a stick shift so my dad splurged and paid $100 for a rusty, hole in the floorboard Pinto. I loved driving that slow death-trap! I don't have any pictures of that car either. I guess I was feeling nostalgic today and was wondering what types of cars other forum members first drove.

These pictures were taken off the internet and are not the actual cars. My blue Pinto was really more rust-colored and you could see through the driver door out through the passenger door.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 148 Comments