Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Top 5 Players From Today's Win

+2 HS
nafimafi's picture
September 28, 2024 at 10:46pm
11 Comments

so, I did this after every win the last 2 seasons, where I recapped who I personally thought were the best OSU performers. just initial reactions right after the game finished, not looking at highlights or any sort of replay. whomever jumped off the screen for me.

last week's edition: https://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-football/2024/09/149243/...

September 28th (Michigan State)

1. Jeremiah Smith: I mean cmon...that 2nd quarter was absolutely ridiculous, making some jaw dropping catches. Best player on the field today, opened up the passing offense considerably. Made 2 of the best plays in the game.

2. Caleb Downs: The most explosive player on the defense today, triggering HARD against the run consistently. Extremely sure tackler today, bringing the wood against RBs and TEs. Was always around the ball today, just flying around.

3. TreVeyon Henderson: Not necessarily a massive game in terms of production, but very efficient with his carries, showing great explosion and vision. His growth as a pass protector has been huge this year, dude was blocking like a TE throughout the game, specifically on some of the TD passes.

4. Carnell Tate: Efficient is his routes and catches early on, was the catalyst for passing production in the first quarter. Showed considerably YAC ability and (as always) great blocking to spring runners free.

5. Gee Scott: Perhaps a bit of a hot take, considering his lower snap count, but I thought he made some very important plays in the first half, both blocking and as a pass catcher. Some very timely catches, including his touchdown.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments