Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Nick Saban Defends Ryan Day and His Talented Roster

+23 HS
Silver Sniper's picture
August 24, 2024 at 3:37am
54 Comments

https://www.on3.com/news/espn-analyst-nick-saban-believes-ohio-state-fan...

7x NCAA Football Champion winning head coach and former Ohio State DB coach under Earl Bruce, Nick Saban, came to Ryan Day’s defense while on the Pat McAfee show on Friday. Around the 20:00 minute mark (interview linked: https://youtu.be/GAAVUx1SY_k?si=vM-Pb3tZcYmT7DKn), McAffee and crew asked Saban what kind of pressure Day must be under to have such a talented roster, adding how if Day were to lose a game, the “Ohio Fucks” would run him out of town. 

Classy in retirement, Saban described being familiar with the pressure that Day is under, gave examples of injuries that could throw off the roster outside of the coaches control, and credited Day for putting together such a talented team that created this level of pressure. Saban said, “I personally think Ryan Day is a really good coach; I think he’ll do a really good job with his roster”. He went on to ask, “If he’s got the best roster, who’s the one who got the roster there?”

Saban also had a message for us: “The fans should appreciate that they have one of the best teams in the country, and they do their part to be positive and cheer the guy on in a positive way to create a lot of positive energy for the players that are doing their best.”

As we open the 2024 season, I’m going to internalize the wisdom that Nick Saban has imparted and do my best to cheer on this talented team and the head coach that got us here, win or lose. Not everything will go perfect, we’re not going to win every game by fifty, but dangit, I know these guys are going to play their tails off and the coaches are going to coach their tails off. Let the chips fall where they may, but let us stand behind these men. Enjoy the 2024 season everyone! It may be one for the ages! Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 54 Comments