Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

First Time Since 1996

+7 HS
JTFor President2016's picture
October 8, 2024 at 12:44pm
5 Comments

Mark the history books. Ohio State will face off in a Top-5 Big Ten matchup, that doesn't include Michigan.

While OSU has played in games involving Top-5 Big Ten teams, this will be the first time both teams find themselves ranked inside the Top-5 since October 5, 1996. This game featured a "battle" of #3 Penn State vs. #4 Ohio State. Game was over before it even began, with OSU leading 38-0 late in the game, prior to a garbage time PSU touchdown to make the final score 38-7. 

I was 8 months old at the time and only watched this game for the first time today. Orlando Pace could've won the Heisman. I've always heard how good he was and have seen some highlights. But watching 3 hours of just complete domination made me appreciate him even more. 

From reading notes on the game, it seems that OSU was after revenge from the 1994 season. Be cool if we replicated this performance Saturday night and dished out some revenge for 2021. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 5 Comments