Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Perspective on The Game from an Opposing Coach

+89 HS
teeedawg's picture
November 19, 2023 at 8:49pm
88 Comments

One of my good buddies is an assistant coach for Minnesota.

Now that Minnesota has played both Ohio State and TTUN this season, I asked him for his unbiased opinion on The Game.

This is what he texted me:

Ohio State’s skill position players are so much better than Michigan’s. Across the board: WR, RB, and TE. Watching them in person, it's not even close. It's an overwhelming advantage for Ohio State.

#32 (TreVeyon) was incredible in person. We had an idea of his ability, but the film does not do him justice. He might be the single most impressive player I've seen this season. His explosion is impossible to game plan for.

#8 (Stover) surprised me with his frame, dude is massive and moves well. He is a pain to match up with in the red zone.

And obviously #18 (MHJ) is the best WR in college football with #2 (Egbuka) not too far behind him.

The only advantage Michigan has is at QB, JJ was playing better against us (hmm I wonder why). But with the way he's playing recently, I’m not so sure how much of an advantage that is anymore.

Ohio State's defense can 100% match up with Michigan's offense. The key question is if Michigan's defense can handle OSU’s stable of playmakers.

As long as McCord protects the ball, I see a Ohio State victory.

Only one person's opinion, but interesting to see a coach’s perspective - someone who has gameplanned for and watched both teams play in person.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 88 Comments