Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU IS ALLOWED TO LOSE TO THEM ONCE A DECADE

+7 HS
rosycheeks's picture
November 25, 2023 at 9:55pm
35 Comments

Before today, it had been 12 years (4381 days) since TTUN had last beat OSU fair and square. 

Today sucked, there's no doubt about it. But I don't think it's right to adopt the mainstream way of thinking, which is that OSU has lost 3 in a row to them and hasn't beaten them in the last 4 years. I don't need to explain that to this audience.

This is the high point for TTUN. They barely won on their home turf. Take away the awful pick by the least effective QB OSU has put out there in any of those 12 years, and we may be talking about an amazing L.

Anyway, as I was saying, OSU (and more specifically, a coach) is allowed to lose to them once a decade. I know, someone is going to say "IT'S NEVER OK to lose them." Yeah, well, nobody wins 10 in a row in this rivalry.

But next year... This can't happen. Two legit L's in a row can't happen. Not at home, with at worst a senior, 2nd-year QB (or someone better). If next year is an L, either because the players weren't good enough or because they didn't perform well enough, the seat is on fire. 

It still sucks, but tonight I'm telling myself this is the "once in 12 years." Next year we'll start a new streak.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments