Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Post Your Favorite OSU Memories Here!!

+15 HS
OneForMahomes's picture
August 15, 2024 at 1:45am
85 Comments

I have so many great memories when it comes to OSU football.  From my next door neighbor telling the story for decades about how I’d yell “go Buckeyes!” at just 2 years old (I was truly indoctrinated), to family trips to Columbus. Or my mom planning weekend errands for game time so she wouldn’t have to hear my dad go nuts, especially that last Saturday in November (yes, the Cooper years…sigh). From the natties, to the last minute trip to Happy Valley in 2009 to witness Pryor and co dominate in the raucous whiteout. And the simultaneous feelings of horror and pride when I first saw the Brutus tattoo my sister got on the back of her neck!  I could go on and on. 

Beyond all those, I have been waiting for the right time to share my greatest OSU memory, albeit a newer and bittersweet one. Now seems right.  Rewind to NYE 2022. Me and my dad had been watching most of the games together all year, this one no different.  I certainly don’t need to recap the proceedings, but that OSU/Georgia semifinal game was an intense battle. Emotions were running high.  The end of the game seemed destined to end right at midnight eastern.  When the kick shanked wide, my dad said “Happy Fuckin’ New Year” and shut off the tv.

My father died 6 weeks later. That was his last taste of Buckeye football.  That moment was a perfect encapsulation of him- an OSU fanatic wearing his heart on his sleeve.  He always said we need to sprinkle some of his ashes in the Olentangy, guess it’s time to plan a trip and oblige.

Your turn. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 85 Comments