Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

General Impressions of Linebacker Play

+9 HS
soldierdad's picture
September 1, 2024 at 7:36am
87 Comments

There was too much going on to notice a lot of details so I wanted to lay out what I didn’t notice today.  

Linebackers.  Usually when a DLine is a threat, linebackers have a field day.  Hicks had a sack.  Sonny is learning a new position.  I didn’t see violence.  It appears I was seeing carefulness.  It will be interesting to see how they grade out.  Kudos to Gabe Powers for the pick six.  There were a lot of short throws to the edges that Eichenberg would have been tracking down.  Sonny had a great chance, going to his left, to stop a 3rd and short.  He didn’t get his head across the bow and consequently failed to get the defense off the field.  I know the commenters on this site love C.J., but to me his speed wasn’t showing up.  I thought Moorhead was attacking areas where the LBs and SS would show up.  Ransom’s game showed what the LBs potential wrecking party should have looked like.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 87 Comments