Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Some Stats Cases That Show a Greatly Improved O-Line and Blocking Schemes

+6 HS
BuckShotGinn's picture
October 6, 2024 at 7:35pm
16 Comments

Prior to the Michigan State game, the Spartans were ranked 4th in the nation in Team Sacks, averaging almost 4 a game.  Our OL allowed 0 Sacks in that game.

Prior to the Iowa game, the Hawkeyes were ranked 4th in the nation in Rushing Defense, allowing less than 62 yards a game.  We ran for over 200 yards on that stingy defense.

And of course we can see with our own eyes vast improvement from the TE's, WR's and tailback blocking. Gee Scott has improved tremendously, but still has areas to improve. T Henderson is an absolute beast in pass support.  And there isn't just one WR that is excelling in blocking this season.

I've heard all the "wait till we play a team with a pulse" comments, but I think they have truly arrived.  Of course , we have huge tests in our next 2 or 3 games, but don't expect much regression at this point. While it's possible to not have the same level of success over the next set of opponents, I really believe our blocking improvement is legit and have to give Chip Kelly a boatload of credit along with the effort of the team as a whole to buy-in.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 16 Comments